Tracey R. Frink, M.Div, LMFTA
Tracey is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with additional training in trauma recovery, post-traumatic stress disorder/symptoms (PTSD), Sensory Processing Disorders, Equine Assisted Mental Health (EAMH), and Sex Therapy. Her unique experience of 30+ years embodies a holistic approach. She combines traditional talk therapy, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), equine therapy, and somatic techniques for effective symptom relief and client empowerment. Tracey is skilled in working with military personnel and their families, couples challenged with intimacy, and the LGBTQIA community.
Tracey’s experience as a military spouse experiencing three deployments while managing a blended family helps her empathize with other families who might be dealing with the stress of military life. Tracey treats soldiers and families who may experience stress from multiple deployments, and redeployment, post-traumatic stress symptoms as well as PTSD, anxiety, depression, marital stress, and sexual dysfunction.
Tracey is knowledgeable of world religions, Native American spirituality and Christian faiths through her Master’s in Divinity. This knowledge helps her understand different perspectives from people who wish to incorporate a higher power into their treatment. She is also understanding of individuals who consider themselves atheist, humanist, agnostic, seeker, or other.
Tracey expanded her knowledge and skill with holistic sex education therapy training through the Institute of Sexuality Education and Enlightenment in 2016. Tracey offers an affirming, safe space for individual, couples and youth seeking understanding, acceptance and healing. She is one of the only professionally trained LGBTQIA therapists in the Fayetteville area. The competencies for the sex therapy include:
- Abuse and Trauma: Adult and teen survivors of child abuse and/or sexual assault
- Alternative Sexuality: BDSM, cross dressing, fetishes, polyamory, open relationships
- Female Sexuality: Dyspareunia, low libido, orgasmic difficulties, vaginismus, vulvodynia
- Male Sexual Dysfunction: delayed ejaculation, early ejaculation, erectile difficulties, low libido, Peyronie’s disease,
- Gender Care: Intersex, ender variant youth and adults, third gender clients, transgender
- LGBT: Gay Affirmative Therapy
- Marriage and couples counseling: fertility issues, gaps in desire, high conflict couples, infidelity
- Medical effects on sexuality: cancer, chronic pain, disabilities, drugs alcohol, substance abuse, obesity, pharmacology, sexual health advocacy
- Out of control sexual behavior
- Sex, health, disabilities: cancer, chronic pain, disabilities, obesity